Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Backroads Mix

At the beginning of the summer, my friend Aubrey and I made a mix for driving on the backroads, which we both prefer to do over sitting in traffic. I think its a great mix and has a bunch of our favorite bands on it.

Beirut-"Elephant Gun"
Fleet Foxes-"Mykonos"
Matt Costa-"Sunshine"
The Shins-"Pink Bullets"
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin-"House Fire"
Belle and Sebastian-"If She Wants Me"
Rogue Wave-"Lake Michigan"
Rufus Wainwright-"Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk"
Simon and Garfunkel- "The Dangling Conversation"
Cat Power-"Sea of Love"
The Decemberists-"Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect"
Iron and Wine-"Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car"
Bright Eyes-"Landlocked Blues"
Andrew Bird-"Heretics"
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin-Glue Girls
My Morning Jacket-Gideon
Ryan Adams-Wonderwall
Wilco-Sky Blue Sky
The Shins-New Slang

So, make this a mix for your car and play it when you are driving on the backroads, or even if you are sitting in traffic and you just want a pick me up.

Also, I am loving:

Ra Ra Riot's The Rhumb Line, they have been a favorite of mine for a really long time and their new album is so fantastic.

No comments: