Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Morning Benders Interview


The Morning Benders are a really great band whose album, "Talking Through Tin Cans", was one of my absolute favorites of 2008. They have been touring in support of the album with a ton of great bands like Ra Ra Riot, White Rabbits, Port O'Brien, etc. The band, made up of Chris, Joseph, Julian, and Timothy, make some really great music. I highly recommend you buy a copy of either "Talking Through Tin Cans" or their eps and 7 inches they have for sale. Or, if Itunes is your thing, then download the album, which Itunes called, "The best of 2008", also! And, for no money at all, download their great "Bedroom Covers" which features the band covering the Smiths, the Cardigans, and Paul Simon. I got the chance to interview the band, and they discussed their success on Itunes and musical influences. Make sure to catch these guys on their February-March tour.


So, "Talking Through Tin Cans" was really well received, especially on Itunes. How do you feel about Itunes and music downloading?
Although I'm definitely the kind of guy who buys albums and likes to hold things in my hands, I'm all for it. iTunes is an amazing thing for people to be able to get music instantly. And if you can't afford it, just download it. We don't mind. Come to a show if you can.
How did the Morning Benders get started?
Well I was born on Feb 25th 1985...
You guys have toured with so many great bands, who have been some of your favorites to tour with?
Ra Ra Riot were a lot of fun to tour with, and a great band. Love the White Rabbits. Can't wait to play with them again.
Who are your musical influences?
Right now I've been listening to a lot of Flying Lotus, Deerhunter, Chief, Animal Collective, and Department of Eagles.
Where has been your favorite place to tour?
I love New York, that's probably my favorite place to play.
Where did you get the idea to do the "Bedroom Covers"?
We just love to play our favorite songs. It was a pretty natural thing.
What was the last album you bought?
Merriweather Post Pavillion
Do you have any guilty pleasures?
No way!!
Any hidden talents?
I cook a mean stew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't find the content for which I am supposed to comment. Anyway, great blog. I hope you wouldn't make this a pop-up/separate pop.

---ESP MAN is here! Join in the fun now!

carla said...

great band!